Developer of youth activities and holistic wellbeing
Established in 1982, Piispala is a youth center located in Kannonkoski in the north of Central Finland and situated in the middle of pure nature by the Lake Kivijärvi. In addition, Piispala also owns a nature tourism centre in Muotkavaara, Muonio, amongst the most beautiful Fell Lapland.
Our primary mission is to promote youth activities and support the good life of children and young people. We also serve as a versatile centre of leisure, sports and wellbeing for families, seniors, businesses and sports groups. You are welcome to visit us all year around, and by using our services, you support Finnish youth work as well.
Piispala is one of the 9 Finnish Youth Centres that are supported by the Ministry of Education and Culture and guided by the Youth Act and the National Youth Work and Youth Policy Programme. The common goal of Finnish Youth Centres is to promote the participation, influencing opportunities and conditions to work in society for the youth, and support their growth, independence and community spirit.
With plenty of possibilities for sports and hobbies as well as our diverse accommodation options and meeting facilities, we offer a great setting for fun, recreation, training days and events. Whether you are traveling alone or with a group, passing by or staying longer, you will surely enjoy at us.
Welcome to Piispala – Tracing better life!
Piispala – Tracing better life
Our mission is to support a good life and to help guide your choices towards it. We want to act as a leading partner in the pursuit of a good life, striving for holistic wellbeing and health, individual participation and social inclusion, while upholding the principle of development. Our goal is to provide personal success and community experiences – moments that support growth and its goals.
Strategy and objectives
“The most versatile activity centre for holistic wellbeing”
We maintain and develop our safe, experiential and educational operating environment.
Together we are actively looking for new development opportunities and open to changes.
We put efforts on professional skills in the youth, sports, wellbeing and education areas to ensure high-quality operations.
“The most satisfied customers”
We focus on the development of customer-oriented services and solutions.
Young people as the core of our activities
- We are a centre of expertise in Finnish youth work, where we want to meet everyone individually and equally
- Our activities emphasize working together and real caring
- When choosing Piispala, you also support Finnish youth work
- We want to continue to offer the most memorable experiences and the most popular camp schools in Finland
“You are doing valuable work with a caring heart”
- Our activities, facilities and accommodation are fit for the youth, family, sports, training and leisure activities.
- Possibility of having either instructed or independent activities.
- Our services are reasonably priced – much included in the same package with one price.
“I got more than I expected!”
- We are an integrated wellbeing centre.
- Our beautiful environment presents positive impacts on natural wellbeing.
- Relaxation, various sports, adventure and experiences, all in one place.
“It was wonderful to get everything from the same place: sports, relaxation, good food and sleeping”
These values guide our operations and daily decisions:
Piispala is an important employer in the region, as we have about 50 permanent employees working at different positions. During the peak season from April to September, we attract more skilled and motivated seasonal workers to join our team. With our extensive talent pool, we provide all services ourselves including cleaning and property maintenance.
“We’re supporting the growth and development of young people!”